Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Soft & Romantic Valentine's Day Makeup


Hi readers!! So of course Valentine's day is around the corner! I know I will be going all out with my makeup when I go out with the hubs that night :)! Today I was playing around with makeup, trying to come up with a good look that I can share with you guys.  I'm obsessed with purples and lilacs at the moment so I decided to go with that.  Keep reading if you want to achieve this beautiful and soft look for Valentine's day (or any other day!).

1: First moisturize and prime.  I used Maybelline's Baby Skin (of course) and applied all over with a foundation brush.

2: Next comes foundation.  I used my Rimmel Stay Matte foundation and applied with my Real Techniques stippling brush.

3: Conceal and highlight under eyes with a good concealer.  I used the Rimmel Match Perfection underneath my eyes and the Physician's Formula Perfecting Concealer Duo for any blemishes.

4: Now the finish: apply a good face powder anywhere you applied concealer to seal it all in.  I used NYX's Radiant Finishing Powder (LOVE btw!).

5: Can't forget the brows people! Define your brows with anything you like to use... I used my e.l.f. eyebrow kit.

6: Prime your lids.  I used my e.l.f. eyelid primer all over lids and crease.

7: Ok now for the eyes. For this look, I used my Too Faced In Your Dreams palette.  First, I applied Pink Peacock all over my lid (or any light shimmery pink will work of course) with a flat shader brush.  Next, apply a dark purple to the crease (I used Dream On) with a fluffy crease brush.  Then, a dark grey to the outer V of your eyelid (I used Fishnet) using a small accent brush.  Keep blending! Blending is the most important step!

8: Now line the top of your lash line with a black cream liner and add a little flick at the outer corner (I used my e.l.f. cream liner).  Line your waterline with a brown pencil liner (like the NYX eyebrow and eyeliner pencil in Medium Brown) and then using an angled brush, apply a brown shimmery eyeshadow underneath your lash line (I used Rapture) to smoke it out.

9: Mascara time! I used my Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant mascara, but of course any kind will work.  You can also apply false lashes here too (I might do that on Valentine's day).

10: Now for the cheeks.  Use a good bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks, under the jaw line, and up to the top of your forehead.  Next, apply a highlighter to the tops of your cheekbones (like NYX's Liquid Illuminator). Then, last but not least, a pink blush to the apples and blend out to your hairline (NYX's Baked Blush in Spanish Rose).

11: Now for the best part! Lipstick! I used my all-time favorite lipstick here... EM Cosmetic's lipstick in Violaceous.  It is the most beautiful lilac color and I am obsessed.

There ya go! Don't you look pretty? I'd love to know if anyone tried this look and how it worked out for you! Thanks for reading :)

<3 Miriam

Products used:



Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for finding me on Instagram! decided to check out your blog :) I follow these steps too when I do my makeup! hope you had a great valentines day!
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete