Monday, March 10, 2014

Battle of the Highlighters & New Video!

Hello readers! Today I thought I would feature my favorite part of my beauty routine: highlighters! I love to highlight my cheekbones, especially in the spring and summer.  I usually achieve this look by using a moisturizing foundation with brightening effects such as Almay's Wake Up foundation (featured in my Spring Makeup Look video tutorial HERE).

In the picture above I have some of my favorite highlighters (I rotate them and use different ones each time I apply makeup).  So, if you're on the market for a new highlighter, these are some to consider:

1. NYX Liquid Illuminator: As you all know, I'm a huge NYX fan. Their products are seriously so good for the price and you can never go wrong with them.  This is a good one for a subtle glow, just use underneath foundation, and remember -- don't apply powder on top, it'll mattify it and that defeats the purpose!

2. Victoria's Secret Ultimate Glow Face Trio: I love this little compact for traveling.  It includes a bronzer, blush and highlighter (and a mirror), so it's super easy just to chuck in your travel bag and you don't have to worry about bringing too many separate products! Also, the blush color is BEAUTIFUL.

3.  Benefit High Beam: I really like this little thing, but I always pair it with the Benefit Posietint because they look beautiful together.  These two products are great for a subtle flush and glow (a lot of times, I add a powder blush and highlighter on top for a better effect). Also, as I've mentioned before, make sure you apply it on top of foundation, never on top of powder! It will not blend well and it'll just look weird.  This also goes for any other Benefit tint.

4.  Milani Illuminating Face Powder: I love this product so much, I even included it in my February Favorites video (if you want to watch, just click HERE).  This powder is great alone or over a liquid highlighter.  It's a beautiful combination of pinks and golds that work perfectly to create a natural glow. I like to apply it on my cheekbones, chin, nose, and cupid's bow.

5. Boots No. 7 Skin Illuminator: This is my FAVORITE highlighter!! Most of the time I apply it before (or after) foundation and then I go in with the Milani powder right on top.  It also has a really cool applicator.  When you open the cap, it'll reveal a brush applicator.  You just squeeze the tube and apply it using the attached brush.  Just a tip: a little goes a long way with this product, so don't go too crazy! I am obsessed -- I really suggest trying it!! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHAO5UPk7t0


Also, I have a new video up on my channel! Watch it HERE. Don't forget to subscribe and to leave me a lovely little comment :D

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear some of your favorite highlighters... I'm always up for trying new ones :D

Miriam <3

3 comments:

  1. Thank you!!! I will follow you right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love liquid highlighters like the benefit one because they are multi purpose! I can use it on its own or mixed in with my foundation! My favorite is the mac luster drops!
    The Beauty Break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to try it mixed in with my foundation! I've never done that before. Oohhh and I need to try the Mac luster drops I've heard they're really good!! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete